You have acknowledged that you have an alcohol use disorder. You want to sign up for a Florida drug rehab center. However, you’re not sure which Florida drug addiction treatment program that you can trust. Here’s how you can make sure that you find the best facility for your needs.
Pick a Facility That Manages Withdrawal
If you can, pick an addiction rehab center in Jacksonville that offers detoxification onsite. Doing so eliminates the risk of early relapse after you break the physical dependency. Don’t consider detox as being optional. Instead, remember that withdrawal from this drug comes with several potentially dangerous side effects.
Having medical staff members by your side could save your life. Of course, you might also choose a separate detox center later on that helps you move to the rehab facility. Typically, the staff will manage the transfer. Similarly, ensure that the Florida drug rehab center provides post-acute withdrawal management.
Programs at a Florida Drug Rehab Center
Drug rehab programs must take several forms. Typically, there’s more than one root of drug addiction. For example, some people have a difficult time coping with stress. They’ve used drugs to numb themselves.
If this sounds familiar to you, it’s essential to undergo behavioral treatment. Case in point is cognitive-behavioral therapy. This therapy approach lets you develop healthy coping skills. You then use them to replace dysfunctional coping mechanisms in your thoughts, feelings, or actions.
However, this treatment alone isn’t enough. Examples include:
- Dialectical behavior therapy as a method for gaining the upper hand over strong emotions
- Family therapy, which focuses on rebuilding trust, communication opportunities, and personal connections
- Group therapy that introduces you to peer accountability and mentoring as well as boundary setting
- Psychotherapy, which focuses on managing depression, anxiety, and other mental health concerns
- Individual therapy as a means for developing a workable plan for reaching long-term recovery
- Experiential therapies that underscore many of the lessons you learn during group or one-on-one meetings
- Life skills training and relapse prevention strategy planning that look ahead to sober living after program graduation
Putting off Going to a Florida Drug Rehab Center Means a Worsening Illness
Because chemical dependency’s a disease, waiting to undergo treatment results in a worsening of the condition. This isn’t something that you adopt a wait-and-see attitude with. Rather, you need to seek drug addiction rehab programs as soon as possible. Failure to do so will result in the deterioration of your health.
Mentally, you experience constant frustration with having an addiction you don’t want. You might even try to impose some limits on yourself. But because you can’t control the compulsion to use drugs, you blow right past them. You might lose the belief that you can even make the change.
How to Sign up for Rehab Today
Connect with a Florida drug rehab center. You’ll talk to an intake advisor who will answer your questions and complete an insurance verification. At that time, you might set up an appointment to visit the facility and speak with a therapist. Make the call now that you’ve been thinking about!